I use one on the daily and it sucks. I’ve tried to find open-source replacements, but they suck. As such, I’m making my own.
I will probably regret this decision.
# yum install openvpn-auth-ldap
The plugin will install to /usr/lib64/openvpn/plugin/lib/openvpn-auth-ldap.so and you can use that in your OpenVPN configuration file.
I built the RPM from the openvpn-auth-ldap-2.0.3-14.
I’ve reached out to see about getting both this and my re2c package included in EPEL7, which will probably require me to become the maintainer. We shall see how that plays out.
The openvpn-auth-ldap package doesn’t exist for EL7. Since the new OpenVPN servers I’m trying to setup run CentOS 7 and use LDAP (Active Directory) for user authentication, this is problematic.
So, I’m trying to build it. I’ve built the single dependency that didn’t already exist for EL7 (re2c), but am still having issues. Although the chroot environment installs gcc-objc, configure complains that there’s no Objective C environment available.
Will update with progress, but you can check out my Copr here.
I’ve been working on a Flask-based web application for controlling my latest game server. This time around, I used LGSM to run the server. It’s a painless way to get it up and running and does all of the steam_cmd dirty work for me. The only issue is that I don’t want to hand out shell access to the other people who may need to restart or update the server from time-to-time. So, DODSCP was born.
I am currently working on determining how to best distribute it, but hope to have version 0.1 available by this weekend.
Have you copied your public key to your remote ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file and are still being prompted for your password? There’s a good change that the permissions are wrong on that file. If you look at the ssh logs, you can see entries like this:
$ sudo tail /var/log/secure Jun 5 17:27:16 server sshd: Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file /home/sean/.ssh/authorized_keys
Change the permissions mode to 600 and you should be able to login as intended.
Cisco’s Adaptive Security Device Manager is a GUI tool for managing and configuring Cisco security appliances. It runs perfectly well under Linux, but can be a little tricky to get running. Today, I’ll show you how.
I am currently running the following:
Adding a Security Exception
The first thing we need to do is add a security exception for the ASA. Open up the Java Control Panel with the following command:
$ /usr/java/latest/bin/ControlPanel &
Click on the Security tab and then on the Edit Site List… button.
Once the Exception Site List window opens, click on Add and type in “https://” followed by the IP of your ASA and a trailing forward-slash. If you’ve configured ASDM to be available on a different port, you’ll need to specify that. For example, if your ASA has the IP address of 192.168.10.1 and you’ve configured ASDM to be on port 4430, you’d enter the following:
Click OK to close the Exception Site List window, then OK again to close the Java Control Panel.
Go back to your terminal window and enter the following command, replacing <SITE_ADDRESS> with the IP and port number, if changed, of your ASA:
$ javaws https://<SITE_ADDRESS>/admin/public/asdm.jnlp
Accept the security warnings and login to your ASA. ASDM will install itself and, if you have the Applications Menu extension turned on, you’ll find it under Java WebStart.
Over the course of my work at my current place of employment, I have run into all sorts of issues either promoting new Active Directory domain controllers or demoting them.
Most recently, in a project to remove Windows Server 2003 boxes from an environment, I have four domain controllers running: two Windows Server 2003 and two Windows Server 2008 R2.
The RPC server is unavailable.
After transferring all of the FSMO roles off to a 2k8r2 server, I prepared to demote the first of the domain controllers. What happened?
The operation failed because: Active Directory could not transfer the remaining data in directory partition CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=xxx,DC=NET to domain controller yyy.xxxx.NET. "The RPC server is unavailable."
Retrying failed again, even though the RPC service was running on the referred to DC. Damn.
Well, the fix isn’t as hard as I thought, even though I had to piece the solution together from a number of sources.
That’s it. It works. Horray.
I’ll expand this post as I discover more solutions.
This morning, I discovered that Fallout 3 would fail to launch after clicking ‘Play’ on the launcher. This is the first time I’ve tried playing Fallout 3 since moving to Windows 8.
The solution is actually quite easy: install Games for Windows Live. This can be acquired here. Install it, sign in with your Live ID, and Fallout 3 will run just fine.